Restricting Partial Payment Processing
Module: Payment Processing
Path: Processing > Payment Processing > Create Payment Batches
Topic: Restricting Partial Payment Processing
Version(s): 5.1 and up
What is Partial Payment Processing
Partial payment processing is when items from an order are picked up during payment processing at different times than remaining items on the same order or if all items will be required to process at the same time.
There are certain times when a customer may desire to “hold up” payment of a set of items on an order until all items can be processed together in a single payment transaction. Among other reasons, we see that this functionality could be used for:
- Inventory Items being on Backorder
- Items having the “Do Not Payment Process” flag set to true
- General Business rules to limit # of transaction fees for attempted gateway transactions
Making The Connection
Where Will I See This Within OLX?
What Reports Can Be Pulled?
Employee List Report
- can pull report to determine which employees have admin status and eligible to override default settings
What Imports/Exports Relate to Partial Payment Processing
at this time there are no imports/exports related to partial payment processing
- Unable to check or uncheck the checkbox for Require all debit items to process together in a single transaction
- Check to make sure the user has the required permissions to override the default setting
To set the default for if Require Debit Items in Single Tran
on other screens in the system you will navigate to Company Data > Payment Data > Payment Proc Accounts. You can edit an existing account or create a new account. The setting here being checked or unchecked will determine if the same setting is checked or unchecked on Create Payment Batches
and Order Detail Processing
For a user to override the default settings they must be an Admin or be assigned Order Detail > Payment_Processing_Single_Trans_Pref permission.
Admin user Roles
Order Detail > Payment_Processing_Single_Trans_Pref user Permissions
Create Payment Batches
- Require all debit items to process in single transaction checked:
- Prevent orders from being included in the current batch, where these orders contain 'do not process items, back-order items, and regular hold items.
- The payment batch will not include any items on the order if one or more items are ineligible to be selected for the payment batch based on product group selection. Grid will display summary of items that were not included in the batch because of other ineligible items on the order.
- In summary, this will prevent partial order processing due to a product group not being selected.
- Prevent partial order processing checked:
- Prevents orders from being included in the current batch, when there are other pay ready debit items on the same order that do not meet the current filter criteria for this batch.
- The payment batch will not include any items on the order if one or more items are in an unfavorable item status and are therefore ineligible for payment processing. A grid will display summary of items that were not included in the batch because of other ineligible items on the order.
- In summary, this will prevent partial order processing due to ineligible item status.
- Partial payment criteria only applies to Debit items, not credit items.
- When enabled, this feature will force Authorization Only transactions & Auth/Capture transactions to have only one transaction and all items must be in the transaction or no transaction will be created.
- When enabled, this feature will require Settle only transactions to process only if all the items that participated in the original Authorization are available for settlement.
- If the feature is turned off and there is an item which was part of an authorization but is now not eligible to settle, there will be a Partial Settlement
- When there are more items eligible for settlement than participated on a single auth, then multiple settlement transactions will be created (one for each prior authorization).
- This does not include items that are:
- Already paid,
- Or in a complete status such as cancelled, or shipment delivered.
- Other items on the order which may cause the payment transaction to not get created include:
- Items that are on regular hold (placed there by customer service).
- This does not include admin hold items such as future installments.
- Treats all regular ON HOLD items the same weather it is an installment item or not.
- Items that are back-ordered due to inventory.
- Items that have the “do not payment process” checkbox checked off in the Item Setup screen.
- this includes future installment items on auto hold
- If item is later cancelled it will not prevent order from processing.
- Any item(s) that are pay ready, but do not get included with the current transaction (If “Require all debit items to process together in a single transaction” is checked)
Order Detail Screen
Currently, all items that are in an eligible item status for payment processing will show up in the dialog as eligible to process.
When the checkbox is checked, we will “rebind” the list of eligible items in the top grid and suppress any items that don’t meet the new criteria. This will require all items are grouped together in the same transaction or else none will go out in a payment transaction (a message will be presented to the user that the items must go in the same transaction). The grid will be empty if the following conditions occur which will result in the inability to process a payment
- Debit Item(s) on the order are in a status of “Item Regular Hold”
- This does not include admin hold items such as future installments. An example where this Debit items WILL NOT hold up processing could occur if an item is added by CS to an order that has installment items and one or more of them is on Reg Hold. The Reg. Hold Installment items should not prevent the newly added item from processing. An example that WILL hold up processing would occur when CS adds 2 items to an order and then places one of those items on Reg. Hold. In this case, the Reg. Hold item should prevent the other newly added item from processing. Now this enhancement/project will treat all regular ON HOLD items the same weather it is a installment item or not.
- Debit Item(s) on the order are in a status of “Item Backordered”
- Debit Items that have the “do not payment process” checkbox checked off in the Item Setup screen.
If the grid does return a list of item(s) with the checkbox selected, when you click the process button, we will require the following:
- All Eligible (debit items that are already paid, or in a complete status such as cancelled or shipment delivered are not considered) Debit Items from the list were selected to be processed together. If not all debit items are selected, no debit items will be processed
- Any set of credit items will be allowed to be processed.
Adding & Editing Payment Processing Accounts
Module: Payment Data Topic: Adding & Editing Pay Proc Accounts Version(s): Version 5.1 and up Editions: All Editions Should you have a need to migrate to a new Payment Processor please see article Migrating to a New Processing Account What Are ...
Navigate to Processing>Payroll Processing. The Payroll Processing page is where you can process the amount of hours including paid and unpaid breaks, that employees have worked. Note: You need to have wages established in the Employee Data set up, ...
Module: Payment Processing Path: Processing > Payment Processing Topic: Payment Processing Menu Version(s): 5.1 & up Editions: All What Is Payment Processing Menu? The Payment Processing page is where you can prepare orders for payment, charge Credit ...
Module: Pre-Payment Processing Path: Processing>Payment Processing>Perform Pre-Payment Processing Topic: Pre-Payment Processing Version(s): 5.1 and up Editions: All What Is Pre-Payment Processing Pre-Payment Processing is the first process that ...
Advanced Pre-Payment Processing Filters
The Advanced Pre-Payment Processing Filtering feature allows you to select certain Client(s), Campaign(s), and or Product Group(s); to move to the next step of processing. In previous versions of OLCC, the options were to either move Sales Only, ...