Topic: Notification Set up
Version(s): Version 5.1 and up
Editions: All Editions
Navigate to the Notification Setups module from the Company Data menu. (Company Data > Notifications > Notification Setup)
- Click on the Add button to add a new notification template. To edit an existing notification template, click on the edit pencil next to the notification template you wish to edit.
- A new Notification Template Data window will pop up.
- Enter the name of the notification template.
- Select the type of notification template you wish to use from the drop-down list. The type of grid's and alias' you can insert will depend on the type of notification template you select.
- Enter a description for the notification template.
- Enter the "from name" of the sender, which applies if it is an email notification.
- Enter the "from Address" (that you want the customer to see if is an email notification.)
- Enter the subject line (if you are setting up an email notification) that you want the customer to see.
- Enter a description for the notification which is for use within OrderLogix, and does not get sent to the customer.
- If you are setting up a "internal" notification, you can choose a calling profile from the drop down list; which will alert the employee if they are going to call outside of acceptable time frames.
- To insert a notification grid, select it from the drop-down list and click the Insert button. This will place a predefined grid into your notification template.
- To insert an alias into the notification template, select it from the drop-down list and click the Insert button. This will place an alias into your notification template.
- Enter the body of the notification template. You can alter the way the body looks by using the various tools located on the toolbar. To view the list of tools and what they do, click the Help icon.
- Click the Save button and the changes will be saved and the Notification Template Data window will close.
If invalid aliases are detected, the user will be prompted and given the option to remove the aliases automatically. This feature will also remove java script blocks and style classes which do not work in most email clients (inline styles on elements, which are the recommended way to style emails is still allowed).