WARNING: ORDER_FEDERAL_SALES_TAX has the value "X.XX". Federal tax must match this order's calculated amount "X.XX".
Message: WARNING: ORDER_FEDERAL_SALES_TAX has the value "X.XX". Federal tax must match this order's calculated amount "X.XX".
Explanation: The federal tax supplied for the order does not match the amount that is being calculated during the validation check using the information included with the order.
Suggested Resolution: Since several fields from the order import are evaluated during this calculation, there are many reasons why this calculation may differ from the supplied value. Below is a list of common reasons and how to resolve them.
- USE_PRICES, USE_SHIPPING, and USE_TAXES is “N”. If you are using OrderLogix prices, shipping, and tax rates for imported orders, you will need to ensure that the set up in OLX for all three of these match the vendor exactly.
- PRICE## field(s) contain the incorrect value(s). Oftentimes, this field will be multiplied when the quantity ordered is greater than 1 when it should not. Any time that the price varies from the price that was used when sales tax was initially calculated, the calculated value will differ.
- DISCOUNT## field(s) may be rounded or multiplied when quantity ordered is greater than 1.
- Vendor may have included shipping values in the tax calculation when they should not have, or vice versa. This is indicated in OLX on the Maintain Sales Tax screen by selecting or unselecting the box labeled “Shipping Taxable” for each state.
- TAX_CALCULATION_METHOD setting does not match the method of calculation used by the vendor. OLX currently supports Item, Order, or Total calculation methods and will default to Item if not specified (for more information about what each of these mean, please read the article about this here: https://support.orderlogix.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tax-calculation-methods
- TAX_ROUNDING_METHOD setting does not match the rounding method that is being utilized by the vendor. OLX currently supports Round, Up, Down, or Bankers (for more information about what each of these mean, please read the article about this here: https://support.orderlogix.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tax-rounding-methods-for-imported-orders-round-up-down-and-bankers
If the above suggestions have not helped you to resolve your error, please contact OrderLogix Customer Care for assistance. Thank you!