SIM - Adding/Editing Custom Fields
Module : SIM Elements
Path: Campaigns > Advertising > SIM Custom Fields
Topic : Adding/Editing Custom Fields
Version(s) : Version 5.1 and up
Editions : All Editions
You can create form specific custom fields, to capture and display additional information. To add a custom field you can click on the Add Custom Field button or right click the ‘Custom Field’ node and select ‘Add’. To edit a custom field you can double click the custom field node or right click the custom field node and select ‘Edit’.
This will open the Add/Edit Custom Field window:
- Enter a name for the custom field and select the Field Type. There are different options based on the type of custom field type you want to create.
- If you decide to want to use this custom field in other forms, check the "Global box" and the field will appear in other forms.
- When selecting Alpha/Date/Numeric types you have the option to enter minimum and maximum values.
This is an advanced feature, if you do not have experience with regular expressions it’s best to leave it blank.
- When selecting a Boolean field (as seen in the screenshot above) you have the option of rendering it as a checkbox, or a radio button. If rendering as a checkbox you can enter a label that will appear before the checkbox. If rendering as a radio button you can enter the labels for the true and false values. When selecting the either the checkbox or button field you can enter a label which will appear as the text on the button itself:
- When selecting a list Field Type, you can also select the way you want the field rendered including a checkbox list; drop down list and radio button list. You also need to enter the values that will appear in the list and the display order:
- Click the save button once you have entered values into all required fields; and the custom field will appear in the custom field tree. The field will now be available to add to an element.
Note: If you save a custom field as a global field, it will not appear in the tree; but will be available to add to an element.
- You can delete a custom field by opening the Add/Edit Custom Field window and clicking the Delete button, or by right clicking on the custom field and selecting ‘Delete’.
SIM - Adding/Editing Custom Fields
SIM - Adding Columns
Editing the Header/Footer By default the header and footer will have a height of zero pixels which will make them invisible when rendered. To edit the height of the header or footer you can double click the header/footer node on the form tree or ...
SIM - Global Custom Fields
Module : SIM Elements Path: Company Data > Advertising > SIM Custom Fields Topic : Global Custom Fields Version(s) : Version 5.1 and up Editions : All Editions If you want to create custom fields to be used across many different forms, you can ...
SIM - Adding/Editing/Moving Elements
Module : SIM Elements Path: Campaigns > Advertising > SIM Elements Topic : Adding/Editing/Moving Elements Version(s) : Version 5.1 and up Editions : All Editions To add an element you can click on the Add Element button or right click the ‘Form’ ...
Adding & Editing Payment Processing Accounts
Module: Payment Data Topic: Adding & Editing Pay Proc Accounts Version(s): Version 5.1 and up Editions: All Editions Should you have a need to migrate to a new Payment Processor please see article Migrating to a New Processing Account What Are ...
Manage Scripts: Custom Fields
Module : Manage Scripts Path: Campaigns > Advertising > Maintain Scripts Topic : Custom Fields Version(s) : Version 5.1 and up Editions : All Editions What Are Scripts Scripts are the rules setup for order entry, whether the order is entered into the ...